Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Reflections

This last Sunday was Father's Day and I miss my daddy. This July will be 7 years since his passing... the empty space created by his death never goes away. I remember his wonderful smile, the sound of his deep and cheerful voice, his terrific sense of humor. And oh how i loved his hands. They were weathered and wrinkled and I found them fascinating. When I was a little girl I would sit between him and Mom in church and I would either draw on the bulletin or play with his hands. When he would tire of my pushing around the large vein that ran down the back of his hand, he would sweetly take my hands in his and I would doze sleepily as his large gentle hands would fold and unfold my fingers, tapping each fingertip softly in a musical rhythm. My daddy was a wonderful man and I miss him deeply. I will never forget those precious moments and how we spoke to each other, sometimes without saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment