Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wooosh!!!
Woooosh!!! That's the sound of the last several months passing by. Lately my life seems like its on fast forward. When my kids were little, people told me i would have free time later when they were older, now that they are older it seems like i'm busier than ever, i now know that what i have to do doesn't decrease it just changes. Recently my oldest son turned 21, a milestone that triggers a lot of emotions especially since the same weekend of his birthday my second son graduated from high school, talk about emotions!!! So - Yay!! 2 down, 2 to go!! But as i say that, there's a pang of sadness at the thought of the day they will all be grown and living lives out on their own. Its a time of mixed joy and apprehension, seeing my kids growing up. But I'll not get too down, if i know anything about myself its that i always look forward to changes and new experiences. And change comes whether we want it to or not. So, today was the last day of school and since i don't have to split my day in half to pick the "kids" up from school I hope to find more time to experience life in an involved -but not crazy busy- sort of way. I'm so thankful that God planned the seasons so we can have different times to appreciate the huge variety of stages in life. Some stages feel like a dump truck running me down but just when i begin to feel overwhelmed the Lord brings change along to refresh me and give me something new to look forward to. I'm glad He knows me so well :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And so do I. I think it's time for a knit fest! I might even bake some more cookies... hum.
ReplyDelete